We’re asserting new options in AWS Well being that can assist you handle deliberate lifecycle occasions on your AWS assets and dynamically monitor the completion of actions that your staff takes on the resource-level to make sure continued clean operations of your purposes. Some examples of deliberate lifecycle occasions are an Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) Kubernetes model finish of normal assist, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) certificates rotations, and finish of assist for different open supply software program, to call a number of.
These options embrace:
- The flexibility to dynamically monitor the completion of actions on the useful resource degree the place doable, to attenuate disruption to purposes.
- Well timed visibility into upcoming deliberate lifecycle occasions, utilizing notifications a minimum of 90 days upfront for minor modifications, and 180 days upfront for main modifications, each time doable.
- A standardized knowledge format that helps you put together and take actions. It integrates AWS Well being occasions programmatically along with your most well-liked operational instruments, utilizing AWS Well being API.
- An organization-wide visibility into deliberate lifecycle occasions for groups that handle workloads throughout the corporate with delegated administrator. Because of this central groups comparable to Cloud Heart of Excellence (CCoE) groups, not want to make use of the administration account to entry the organizational view.
- A single feed of AWS Well being occasions from all accounts in your group on Amazon EventBridge. This offers a centralized option to automate the administration of AWS Well being occasions throughout your group by creating guidelines on EventBridge to take actions. Relying on the kind of occasion, you possibly can seize occasion data, provoke further occasions, ship notifications, take corrective motion, or carry out different actions. For instance, you should use AWS Well being to obtain e-mail, AWS Chatbot, or push notifications to the AWS Console Cell Software in case you have AWS assets in your AWS account which can be scheduled for updates, comparable to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) situations.
The way it Works
Deliberate lifecycle occasions can be found by way of the AWS Well being Dashboard, AWS Well being API, and EventBridge. You’ll be able to automate the administration of AWS Well being occasions throughout your group by creating guidelines on EventBridge that features the
“supply”: [“aws.health”] worth to obtain AWS Well being notifications or provoke actions primarily based on the principles created. For instance, if AWS Well being publishes an occasion about your EC2 situations, then you should use these notifications to take motion and replace or change your assets as wanted. You’ll be able to view the deliberate lifecycle occasions on your AWS assets within the Scheduled modifications tab.
To prioritize occasions, now you can see scheduled modifications in a calendar view. The occasion has a begin time to point when the change commences. The standing stays as Upcoming till the change happens or all the affected assets have been actioned. The occasion standing modifications to Accomplished when all the affected assets have been actioned. You can even deselect occasion statuses that you simply don’t wish to deal with. To indicate extra particular occasion particulars, choose an occasion to open the break up panel view to the appropriate or the underside of the display.
When choosing the Affected assets tab on the detailed view of an occasion, clients can see related account data that may enable you attain out to the appropriate individuals to resolve impaired assets.
Integration with Different AWS Companies
Utilizing EventBridge integrations that exist already in AWS Well being, you possibly can ship change occasions, and their absolutely managed lifecycles to different instruments comparable to JIRA, ServiceNow, and AWS Techniques Supervisor OpsCenter. EventBridge sends all updates to occasions (for instance, timestamps, useful resource standing, and extra) to those instruments, permitting you to trace the standing of occasions in your most well-liked tooling.
Deliberate lifecycle occasions for AWS Well being can be found in all AWS Areas the place AWS Well being is offered besides China and GovCloud Areas.
To study extra, go to the AWS Well being consumer information. You’ll be able to submit your inquiries to AWS re:Put up for AWS Well being, or by way of your typical AWS Assist contacts.