Welcome to my evaluation of the Autel EVO II Professional and DJI Mavic 3. I’m ultra-excited for this one, as these two drones boast a number of the most cutting-edge digicam expertise accessible in in the present day’s shopper fashions.
The EVO II Professional has been considered one of my tried, trusty, and true drones because it was initially launched in 2021, though I did deal with myself to the V3 bundle version when that was launched.
I additionally couldn’t miss the most recent within the Mavic line, and I’m so glad I did, because the Mavic 3 is showstopping.
You know the way it goes, although. There could be just one! So, which is it?
This information will clarify the variations between these glorious drones and the way they intersect. I’ll incorporate loads of my private flight expertise that will help you see why the DJI Mavic 3 is my most well-liked drone of the 2.
You might need a distinct opinion, and that’s completely advantageous! I need you to discover a drone you’re proud of, so let’s get proper on that!
Autel EVO II Professional
The EVO II Collection is and has all the time been considered one of Autel’s greatest.
The Professional stands out for its plain enchantment and extra high-end options than you’ll be able to shake a stick at.
DJI has struggled to beat the digicam high quality of the V3 version, and its impediment avoidance can be the stuff of legend.
It’s foldable, colourful, and all-around an distinctive drone. I’ve had a blast utilizing mine because it’s come out. It’s a drone I discover myself frequently coming again to.
These are simply a number of the the explanation why:
- Its unbeatable one-inch Sony CMOS digicam sensor for attaining 6K Extremely HD movies and 20 MP photographs. The picture high quality may not be the very best available on the market (although it was advantageous in 2021), however that video high quality is performance-driven in your most hard-hitting initiatives.
- The marketed flight time of 40 minutes. It’s not the best available on the market anymore, but it surely’s nonetheless fairly darn spectacular, particularly when you’ve got lots in your plate you should get accomplished together with your drone.
- Its all-encompassing impediment avoidance system is achievable by way of two IMUs, ultrasound, digicam, and visible sensors (12 of these), with 19 sensor teams in all. This drone sees virtually all!
- Dynamic Observe 2.0 permits the EVO II Professional to comply with an merchandise’s trajectory by monitoring its velocity and site. It’s refined monitoring at its best, and this drone can comply with greater than 60 shifting objects concurrently.
- Compatibility with Dwell Deck II, a multi-port HDMI output system for real-time reside streaming and projection monitoring. Social media stars and influencers take observe, as this characteristic is a should!
DJI Mavic 3
Do you need to take your drone imaging to the subsequent degree? I believe most of us would reply an unequivocal, resounding sure! If that’s the case, there’s the DJI Mavic 3.
This drone is about the identical age because the EVO II Professional, because it was launched in late 2021. Its declare to fame is its dual-camera system. One is a Hasselblad L2D-20c digicam, and the second is a tele digicam.
Collectively, they’re a number of the greatest available on the market. Superior good options and security spherical out this superb drone.
Here’s a nearer take a look at what makes the Mavic 3 shine:
- A Hasselblad digicam with a 4/3 CMOS, a dynamic vary of 12.8 stops, adjustable aperture, Imaginative and prescient Detection Auto Focus Expertise, and 20 MP decision. This digicam additionally boasts Hasselblad Pure Color Answer and 5.1K video decision with 10-bit D-Log and Apple ProRes help.
- A tele digicam with 28x Hybrid Zoom and a Professional Mode for RAW pictures and handbook settings. This digicam has a ½-inch CMOS and shoots in 12 MP in single-shot and burst modes. It additionally encompasses a 4K video decision.
- A top-of-the-line security system, together with an omnidirectional impediment sensing system, Imaginative and prescient Help, APAS 5.0, multi-directional consciousness, Nocturnal Help, and enhanced zoom precision from the telephoto lens. You’ll all the time really feel protected once you fly this drone.
- A mind-blowingly lengthy battery lifetime of 46 minutes is that rather more spectacular contemplating the scale and weight of the Mavic 3.
- Many Clever Flight Modes you’d come to count on from a DJI drone, together with ActiveTrack 5.0 for glorious topic monitoring, autonomous flight modes in MasterShots, QuickShots, Panorama, and Hyperlapse. These modes offer you extra versatility as you strengthen your drone portfolio.
I’ve logged lots of of hours between these two drones with out even attempting.
It’s so easy to get misplaced of their immersive, spectacular options that earlier than I do know it, whoops, an entire afternoon has passed by.
Skilled pilots of all ranges can generate the kind of footage that turns heads and will get challenge managers considering working with you through the use of both of those two drones, however which one stands out extra?
We’ve concluded that the DJI Mavic 3 is a greater drone than the Autel EVO II Professional. Its high-level dual-camera system, in depth number of images and videography options, Clever Flight Mode suite, and multi-option security options make the Mavic 3 one of many prime drones within the sky, even years after its launch.
Right here at Droneblog, we solely promise the very best by way of in depth testing and flight logs. The Mavic 3 matches the invoice.
It does really feel robust leaving the EVO II Professional out within the chilly, so to talk, as a result of that is a tremendous drone. It paved the best way for what drone expertise could be.
It has the higher video decision, even between the Mavic 3’s two cameras, and its security expertise is greater than enough given this drone’s age and value.
Its Dynamic Observe is actually superior, usurping DJI’s on this case.
All that mentioned, I’m sticking with my selection of the Mavic 3.
What are the principle variations?
The dissimilarities between these drones are what make them so fascinating. (Nicely, that, and all these dazzling videography and images settings and modes.)
Right here is extra information on these variations.
- Variety of cameras: The obvious distinction between this Autel and DJI drone is the variety of cameras. The EVO II Professional has one very succesful digicam, whereas the Mavic 3 has two, a Hasselblad and a tele digicam with DJI’s Hybrid Zoom expertise.
- Picture and video decision: The principle Hasselblad digicam of the Mavic 3 has the identical picture decision because the EVO II Professional, 20 MP. The tele digicam solely shoots in 12 MP, although, a noticeable high quality drop. The video decision is capped at 4K for the DJI drone, whereas the EVO II Professional shoots movies in 6K Extremely HD.
- Zoom capabilities: Each drones can zoom, however to not the identical diploma. The Mavic 3’s tele digicam helps 28x zoom, whereas the EVO II Professional’s one-inch CMOS sensor is just able to 8x digital zoom or 4k lossless zoom. These are nonetheless nice in their very own proper, however not in comparison with the Mavic 3.
- Colours: This can be a small level, but it surely nonetheless counts. The EVO II Professional is out there in a placing orange, whereas the Mavic 3 solely is available in darkish grey. In addition to the enjoyable shade variation, the brilliant orange of the EVO II Professional additionally will increase its visibility when flying it.
- Weight: The unique Mavic 3 weighs a svelte 895 grams. Okay, I do know that’s heavy in comparison with drones underneath 250 grams, however when you think about this drone has two cameras, it ain’t dangerous! The EVO II Professional is over 1,000 grams, weighing roughly 2.6 kilos. It’s a heavyweight, for positive!
- Value: The final substantial distinction between these drones is that ching-ching. The EVO II Professional is something however cheap at over $2,000, however the Mavic 3 prices nearer to $2,300 and could be priced at as much as $4,800 in order for you all of the bells and whistles DJI gives.
Autel EVO II Professional
Though the EVO II Professional V3 just isn’t the most recent drone in Autel’s roster, it’s nonetheless among the finest.
And I’m scripting this in 2023, two years after this drone got here out.
For those who’re into any tech, you know the way quick time strikes. Two years is like an eon. In most situations, a drone just like the EVO II Professional would have turn into outdated a number of instances over, but it surely’s nonetheless a shining instance of what a drone can do.
The Sony CMOS sensor is an effective dimension at one inch.
That’s what permits this drone to shoot in 6K Extremely HD, which is a number of the greatest video high quality you will discover in a shopper drone, interval. It’s higher than the Mavic 3’s video high quality.
You’d have to purchase an ultra-fancy industrial DJI drone just like the Ronin 4D for over $6,500 to get your arms on a 6K digicam from DJI.
And that’s coming from a model that many agree is a pacesetter in drone expertise.
The 20 MP picture high quality is merely scratching the floor.
You possibly can fine-tune the aperture to your liking, setting it wherever from f/2.8 to f/11, and adjusting how a lot mild your photographs should set your temper, topic, and setting. Your social media viewers will gleefully anticipate your each put up.
Get on on the market after darkish (you understand, should you’re legally allowed to), and don’t stress one iota about picture noise. The EVO II Professional has Autel’s Moonlight Algorithm 2.0.
Night time pictures and movies will certainly profit your portfolio vastly, exhibiting the complete scope of what you’ll be able to obtain together with your drone digicam.
How a lot time do you spend in put up? Put together to chop it down. The EVO II Professional’s 12-bit DNG information have superior color-rendering skills, particularly over a standard 10-bit system.
You will notice vivid colours exploding right here, there, and in every single place with help for over 68 billion colours.
Don’t fear. Your pictures and movies by no means look garish. The colour help is pure and breathtaking.
How does monitoring as much as 64 simultaneous objects sound? It’s an unsung functionality of the EVO II Professional and considered one of my favourite options.
I’ve by no means tracked that many objects without delay, however simply understanding I might is superior. I really like how precisely this drone tracks individuals, autos, and animals.
The impediment avoidance system is among the greatest available on the market. This drone has almost 20 sensor teams to cowl all its bases.
The EVO II Professional may not be a newbie drone, per se, however you should be prepared for something, regardless of your drone expertise degree.
You will get so caught up utilizing options like Dynamic Observe 2.0 that oops, you nearly utterly missed that tree. That’s what the 360-degree impediment avoidance is there for!
Autel Robotics EVO 2 PRO V3
Autel EVO II Professional V3 is upgraded with Autel drone’s all new SkyLink 2.0 video transmission expertise, permits video transmission from as much as 15 km.
We earn a fee should you make a purchase order, at no extra value to you.
11/15/2023 06:47 pm GMT
DJI Mavic 3
The DJI Mavic 3 reinterprets what it means to be on the prime of its recreation.
This drone for the skilled photographer already stands out on account of its improbable 4/3 Hasselblad digicam.
After all, it’s not the primary Mavic to have this digicam, which is why DJI took it to the subsequent degree by including a tele digicam.
However first, let’s heap reward on the Hasselblad L2D-20c digicam, as a result of it deserves it.
Its 5.1K Apple ProRes help, VDAF, 20 MP picture high quality, dynamic vary, 24-millimeter focal size, and editable aperture equip you with the instruments you want as knowledgeable drone videographer and photographer.
The Hasselblad Pure Color Answer, or HNCS, is vivid but pure, a staunch and stable competitor to the 60+ million colours the EVO II boasts.
For those who examine your movies or pictures shot on the Mavic 3 to a different drone photographer with out that drone, yours will look extra vivid each time.
You’ve all the time obtained to have an edge as a professional drone pilot, whether or not carving out your area of interest on social media or searching for new shoppers.
That’s considered one of HNCS’s greatest benefits. You’ve additionally obtained 10-bit D-Log for much more pure shade composition.
Night time Pictures solutions the EVO II Professional’s problem of which drone has what it takes to face toe-to-toe with the Moonlight Algorithm 2.0!
The tele digicam has Hybrid Zoom as much as 28x, however you’ll be able to’t set the aperture or focal size. This digicam additionally solely shoots in 12 MP, so it’s not designed to be used as your major digicam.
Nevertheless, it’s obtained Discover Mode and Professional Mode, the previous of which units the zoom in keeping with the topic and the latter of which takes photographs in RAW for extra picture high quality information.
The extra hands-off a drone could be, the higher! You possibly can give attention to the enjoyable elements of flying and let the Mavic 3 deal with the remaining.
The omnidirectional system leaves no stone unturned.
The imaginative and prescient computing engine finds obstacles from throughout it due to its Horizontal Omnidirectional Imaginative and prescient System and Upward Imaginative and prescient System.
Multi-directional imaginative and prescient help, enhanced zoom precision, Imaginative and prescient Help when autonomously flying the drone in some modes, Nocturnal Help for flying after darkish, and the Superior Pilot Help System or APAS 5.0 is the very best DJI gives as of this writing.
You gained’t fear one iota about drone crashes with this dangerous boy.
The autonomous flight modes at your fingertips, courtesy of DJI’s Clever Flight Modes, by no means fail to impress.
Draw your approach to a enjoyable drone flight utilizing Waypoints, use QuickShots modes to launch the Mavic 3 on a predetermined course (whereas it data video all the time), or take a larger-than-life Hyperlapse.
Develop your worldview with Panoramas that can go away your social media viewers or shoppers in awe.
MasterShots will choose the correct flight mode and route in keeping with your setting, whereas ActiveTrack 5.0 will lock onto your goal.
It’s possibly not as nice as Autel’s Dynamic Observe, however nonetheless fairly nice in its personal proper.
DJI Mavic 3
Almost all the things in regards to the DJI Mavic 3 is top-of-the-line. Most significantly, the battery life is unbelievable, which is able to prevent from shopping for many additional batteries for backup.
We earn a fee should you make a purchase order, at no extra value to you.
11/16/2023 02:11 pm GMT
Winner: DJI Mavic 3
The Mavic 3’s digicam system will blow you away.
Though the picture high quality of the tele digicam leaves one thing to be desired, it’s the Hasselblad digicam that’s the true star of this present.
Like a number one showman, it excels in all the correct methods, from clear picture high quality to paint help, adjustable aperture, Apple ProRes help, excessive video high quality, a better dynamic vary with extra shadows and highlights, and retained picture information.
These options scale back your time in put up, permitting you to add your content material to your ready viewers nearly instantly.
The EVO II Professional isn’t any slouch both. Its 6K Extremely HD video is unmatched by the Mavic 3, which is saying lots, contemplating this Autel drone has only one digicam.
Winner: DJI Mavic 3
Let me simply preface this by saying it was so tough to choose a winner right here.
Each these drones carry out fantastically, with lengthy battery lives, nighttime modes, autonomous flight choices, and sterling video and picture high quality.
I’ve had such a enjoyable time flying each, however I do know you’re solely searching for one winner, and I’m right here to ship.
I really feel the Mavic 3 has the sting over the EVO II Professional in a number of areas of efficiency.
Most notably, there’s security. I all the time gush over the EVO II Professional’s 19-sensor omnidirectional impediment avoidance as a result of it’s actually superb.
Few drones can examine to that degree of security, however the Mavic 3 is considered one of them.
It has the very best version of APAS up to now, APAS 5.0. DJI might have stopped there, however they didn’t.
Additionally they outfitted the Mavic 3 with nighttime flight help, multi-directional consciousness (again, proper, ahead, and left), Imaginative and prescient Help when flying the drone autonomously for higher impediment detection, and wide-angle imaginative and prescient sensors.
Briefly, it’s the full package deal.
Another excuse I gave this class to the Mavic 3 is as a result of it has extra good flight modes.
Its Superior RTH is smarter than ever, and between ActiveTrack (the most recent version too, may I add, not less than as of the time of this publication), MasterShots, QuickShots, and bonuses like Hyperlapse and Panorama, you may have many modes to discover with this ultra-fun drone.
The EVO II Professional doesn’t supply almost as many flight modes, leaving you wishing for extra.
After all, the EVO II Professional is extra wind-resistant, able to withstanding winds of round 39 miles per hour, notes Autel.
I’ve examined it in blustery situations over 40 mph, and it dealt with like a champ.
The Mavic 3 solely has wind resistance to 26.8 mph, though I’ve flown it in situations over 30 mph. I wouldn’t push it a lot past that.
Winner: DJI Mavic 3
Is both of those drones what I’d name moveable? Not notably. I imply, they’re no DJI Mini or EVO Nano, however they’re nonetheless prepared for journey.
In spite of everything, the EVO II Professional matches in your hand. Granted, it takes up your complete hand, but it surely does nonetheless match.
It’s heavy sufficient that you just’ll should register it when utilizing it recreationally, however that’s not precisely what this drone is made for.
The Mavic 3 just isn’t a lot smaller or extra light-weight. It folds down just like the EVO II Professional however continues to be cumbersome.
RC compatibility and long-range flights
Winner: Autel EVO II Professional
How a few controller comparability?
The EVO II Professional makes use of the Autel Good Controller SE. This distinctive controller seems and looks like a Nintendo Change however with none Pleasure-Cons.
It has a contact display screen that’s greater than six inches and OLED high quality.
Its transmission distance is 9.3 miles in HD high quality, an accomplishment achieved by the superior eight-gen processor. It’s even waterproof and has an IP43 ranking.
On the DJI aspect, the Mavic 3 makes use of the DJI RC Professional, which can be appropriate with the Air 2S and Mavic 3 Cine.
It encompasses a efficiency processor, an illuminated display screen, and O3+ video transmission expertise.
The display screen is smaller at 5.5 inches (versus 6.5 inches for the EVO II Professional) however has 1,000 nits of brightness.
The picture high quality can be decrease at 1080p. Plus, it’s not a touchscreen.
Winner: DJI Mavic 3
The EVO II Professional has a mind-blowingly lengthy battery lifetime of 40 minutes, however the Mavic 3 does one higher at 46 minutes.
After all, these numbers don’t matter anyway, as they’re solely estimates. The EVO II Professional has lasted within the skies for me for about 36 or 37 minutes, and the Mavic 3 at about 42 or 43 minutes.
For those who fly both drone in windier situations, that can scale back the battery life additional, however these two drones aren’t any totally different from another in that regard.
Ah, what a journey it’s been evaluating the Autel EVO II Professional and DJI Mavic 3.
For drones launched in the identical yr, they’ve some vastly totally different options, whether or not it’s twin cameras, distinctive monitoring, or good modes.
Whereas I wholeheartedly embrace the Mavic 3 as the higher drone between the 2, the EVO II Professional deserves each ounce of like it’s acquired.
It’s nonetheless a pacesetter in drone expertise all these years later, forcing DJI to launch higher drones just like the Mavic 3!